Centering Equity and Justice in Our Work
365bet官网中文登陆 has been committed, 自2015年以来, 成为一个多元化的, inclusive and equity-centered organization. The Foundation’s staff work every day with the intent of creating health equity for all Coloradans, especially those for whom health is furthest from reach due to avoidable, unfair or systemically caused differences. That means we prioritize communities of color in all that we do, and intend to disrupt racist systems and structures by pursuing racial justice as a key pathway to achieve health equity.
This commitment to centering equity and justice extends to all aspects of how we engage in the work, both internally and out in communities across Colorado. 从评价和学习, 我们如何筹集资金, the Foundation's efforts are intended to learn from and institutionalize our beliefs, as we approach our work to advance equity.
- 健康是一项基本人权. It is the right of every person and community to have what they need to be healthy.
- 人们不会过着单一问题的生活. 比赛, 种族, 性别认同, 性取向, 残疾, 财富的机会, country of origin and religion are often interconnected. Discrimination and racism due to these intersectionalities keeps health out of reach.
- 我们是问题的一部分. The Foundation exists in a philanthropic field born of fortunes made by racist policies that have exploited and oppressed non-whites. We must grapple with our inherent power in a system that has historically turned a blind eye to, 甚至延续, 种族歧视.
- We need to be a disruptor at times – and part of the solution. The most impactful role we can play is to call attention to and disrupt systems that keep health out of reach for communities of color – and use our learning as a model for the field.
- 我们遵守三 基石, which are “must-haves” in all we do and call out whom we serve, our intent and a commitment to being community-informed. While we have always served Coloradans with less power, 特权与收入, we now prioritize communities of color because they are most impacted by health disparities. We expect our 合作伙伴 to prioritize these 基石 in their work, 确保我们永远不会偏离目标. 再加上 strategies to strengthen bodies, minds and communities, these 基石 help us fight unfair, avoidable differences in health.
- We cultivate an organizational culture and operational approach that prioritizes equity, 公正和包容实践. We are implementing and evolving antiracist practices that prioritize and advance equity and justice across all that we do. Four key attributes guide and drive our internal culture: mission-obsession, equity-propelled, 灵活无畏. Performance expectations for all staff include embodying those cultural attributes in their work as inclusive colleagues, including actively participating in racial affinity groups where personal equity and justice journeys are nurtured.
- We prioritize key “levers of disruption” in our work to maximize impact. While funding continues to be one of our primary and most visible tools, 我们知道钱, 独自一人, can’t bring health in reach for Coloradans of color. In 2021, we developed an internal racial justice framework that guides how we center equity and racial justice practices and approaches more robustly within our current strategic priorities. 结果是, we are deepening our use of disruptive levers, including consideration of our own power, 我们的社区参与方式, how we develop and nurture relationships, 我们在公共话语中的角色, and how to best leverage public policy for lasting impact.
- 我们对自己负责. As an organization focused on pursuing racial justice to achieve health equity, the Foundation is holding itself publicly accountable by collecting and publicly sharing 显示我们进步的数据 in how we’re centering race and 种族 in all we do. The accountabilities show how – over time – our investments, 顾问, 合作伙伴, grantees and staff encapsulate and represent diverse experiences and perspectives. This means that we collect demographic data on the Foundation’s staff and Board of Directors, and request key demographic data from grant applicants to help us understand how our 合作伙伴 are approaching the work of advancing equity.